Health Care Reform and You
On March 23, 2010, the Affordable Care Act became law. The law puts in place significant reforms to health insurance that are being implemented over the next few years. The Health Education and Advocacy Unit is here to assist you in understanding how the Act may affect you and with your health insurance questions and problems.
We can help you:
- File complaints or appeals with your health insurance company if your health insurance claim was denied.
- Identify enrollment opportunities for health insurance coverage.
- Understand your rights and responsibilities regarding health insurance coverage.
- Learn about health insurance related issues.
- If you need help resolving a billing dispute with a health care provider.
Help is free. Call us on the hotline or contact us through our website and the HEAU's mediators and Ombudsmen will start working for you.
Health Education and Advocacy Unit
Consumer Protection Division
Maryland Attorney General's Office
410-528-1840 or 877-261-8807 (toll free)