Attorney General Gansler Announces Committee
on Campaign Finance
MD ( Nov. 4, 2010) - Attorney General Douglas F. Gansler today announced the creation of his Advisory Committee on Campaign Finance. The Committee, an informal bipartisan group, consists of key legislators, counsel for the two major political parties, representatives of the State Board of Elections, and deputy attorneys general. The Advisory Committee will take a thorough look at a variety of issues concerning Maryland's campaign finance regulations and laws to examine whether change is needed.
Members of the Advisory Committee include:
- Senator Allan Kittleman (R-9)
- Senator Jamie Raskin (D-20)
- Delegate Ron George (R-30)
- Delegate Jay Walker (D-26)
- Carville Collins, attorney, counsel for the Republican State Central Committee
- Bruce Marcus, attorney, counsel for the Maryland Democratic State Central Committee
- Ross Goldstein, Deputy State Administrator, Maryland Board of Elections
- Jared DeMarinis, Director of Candidacy and Campaign Finance Division, Maryland Board of Elections
- Katherine Winfree, Chief Deputy Attorney General
- John B. Howard, Jr., Deputy Attorney General
The members of the Committee will submit a report of its findings and recommendations to the Attorney General by the end of the year.