December 23, 2005
FREDERICK COUNTY MAN INDICTED ON 24 GUN CHARGES
Maryland Attorney General J. Joseph Curran announced today that
the Grand Jury for Frederick County has indicted 44 year-old David
Ruvin Vaisman on 24 counts of violating Maryland gun laws. Mr.
Vaisman, of the 5700 block of Mountville Road in Adamstown, Maryland
was indicted for:
• Engaging in the Business of Selling Regulated
Firearms without a Dealer's License;
• Illegal Display of Regulated Firearms for Sale at a Gun Show;
• 2 counts of Purchasing More Than One Regulated Firearms Within
a 30 Day Period
• 9 counts of Illegal Purchases of Regulated Firearms;
• 3 counts of Illegal Possession of Assault Pistols;
• 7 counts of Illegal Possession of Regulated Firearms by a Person
Previously Convicted of a Crime of Violence;
• 1 count of Possession of Stolen Property.
An indictment is merely an accusation of criminal wrongdoing,
and every individual is presumed innocent until proven guilty.
No trial date has been set.
This case was investigated by the Attorney General’s
Firearms Trafficking Unit (which is funded by a grant from the
Office of Crime Control and Prevention) and the Maryland State
Police Gun Enforcement Unit.